iPhone, iPad, Android, Web
1. the quality of being easily understood, completely intelligible, or comprehensible.
2. the ability to see things clearly; rationality; sanity.
1. expressed clearly; easy to understand: a lucid account; write in a clear and lucid style.
1. the act or art of cultivating.
2. the state of being cultivated.
3. culture; refinement.
1. to promote or improve the growth of by labor and attention.
2. to produce by culture.
3. to develop or improve by education or training; train; refine.
1. the act of being candid.
1. frank; outspoken; open and sincere.
2. free from reservation, disguise, or subterfuge; straightforward: a candid opinion.
3. informal; unposed: a candid photo.
4. honest; impartial: a candid mind.
1. An emerging theory that proposes a possible complementary relationship between complexity and simplicity.
2. Complexity tends to rise as system elements specialise and diversify to solve specific challenges.
3. Simple interfaces tend to improve the usability of complex systems.
1. the state, condition, or quality of being fair, or free from bias or injustice; evenhandedness.
1. free from bias, dishonesty, or injustice: a fair decision; a fair judge.
2. legitimately sought, pursued, done, given, etc.; proper under the rules: a fair fight.
I'm Raef Akehurst, the founder of Slay. A few years ago I sold ProjectProject, a business I co-founded and built over 5 years ago, and I'm now an independent app developer.
ProjectProject (subsequently merged with another agency) was a Melbourne based agency that built mobile apps, and websites, and did design and communications. I worked on a variety of projects for large clients including Almond Breeze, ArtsHub, Australian Unity, Beyond Blue, FetchTV, Isuzu, PetSure, PlayUP, Sabco, Save the Children, Salmat, and various Federal and State government departments. We also helped foster a number of successful start-ups including Nexvet, PicSafe, Shout For Good, Smiling Mind, Sports Without Borders, and Team App.
Prior to that I spent six years with famous3D on its renowned "facial animation" products. I managed the development of software used in numerous movies (Lord of the Rings), games (Enter The Matrix), kiosks, web sites, and on mobile phones (NTT DoCoMo and China Mobile).
I have a Bachelor of Business (Honors) Degree where I was top of my class, and a Master of Marketing degree specialising in 'entrepreneurship' and 'eMarketing' from Monash University. I'm a self taught programmer and designer and I'm a bit of a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none! I have over 15 years of product management, product development, and marketing experience in technology related companies both in Australia and Canada.
I now consult to a select number of clients looking to build or improve their apps. I get my hands dirty in the code and, where needed, I work closely with a handful of trusted, experienced, and super talented sub-contractors. I have also developed a handful of my own apps, doing for myself what I have been doing for others for many years!
— Bruce Lee